EMPIRE magazine (I’m a subscriber) regularly interviews actors and directors using the questions below. I thought I would answer them myself:
1) Which character were you in your first school play?
I played Pongo the Dalmatian dog from Disney’s 101 Dalmatians. I had a store bought costume and everything. No lines though.
2) Do you have a signature dish?
I make a really great homemade pizza. Also do a great plum pudding at Christmastime.
3) Which movie have you seen the most?
That one is really hard to answer. There are so many I have seen over and over and I don’t really keep track. I suspect it is either Jaws (1975) or Apollo 13 (1995).
4) Which is the last TV show you gave up on?
American Horror Story last Wednesday. Too many characters going out of their way to be mean to each other. I was rooting for the ghosts.
5) When were you last naked outdoors?
I believe never.
6) Do you have a nickname?
Many, most of them I am not going to repeat. My father called me either “Buddy” or “Richrock”. I’ll go with them.
7) Have you ever knowingly broken the law?
Every time I get behind the wheel. But only by 5 miles per hour.
8) What’s the worst smell in the world?
A dead body that’s been rotting for a few days. I won’t tell you how I know this.
9) Have you ever written fan mail to anyone?
I have. I wrote a letter to Robert Redford once. And to Michael Cimino. Also Peter H. Hunt, the director of 1776 (1972). Also Bill Clinton when he was elected president. Hunt and Clinton wrote back.
10) How much is a pint of milk?
I don’t know. We tend to buy half-gallons.
11) On a scale of one to 10, how hairy is your butt?
I haven’t looked lately. I’m going to say 1.
12) Do you have a favorite joke?
Anyone out there care to share their answers?